2009年4月30日 星期四

Install Ubuntu inside Windows

Some may ask why you need to install the new one, wasn't the old version worked fine? I must confess that I just want to try the latest version: Ubuntu 9.04.

The original 7.10 version had no good support on ATI graphic cards and I installed a open source driver fglrx.

After online updates to 8.04 and 8.10, the old driver could not work well. It ran in only Ubuntu low-graphic mode. At that time I thought it may be okay to continue and I kept on updating to 9.04.

However, after rebooting to finish updating, I couldn't even see the login menu.

Since I have driver problem, CD-ROM problem, I need to install by some other method. My computer had dual OS and I can use this advantage.

First I fixed the MBR to boot from Windows XP only. Later I delete the Ubuntu partition and formatted as NTFS drive.

Login to Windows and put the Ubuntu 9.04 CD to the external CD-ROM. Select Install inside Windows in the Ubuntu CD menu and set essential parameters. After the data all copied to your disk, you can reboot the system. Now the Windows Boot Manager will be shown and you can choose Ubuntu to finish the installation.

If you want to uninstall the Ubuntu, you can remove it from Windows Add/Remove Programs. It it easy, isn't it.

Reference from:
永遠的真田幸村: 超簡單!Windows下用wubi安裝Linux (Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron)
OSWikiHK (Open Source Wiki Hong Kong, 香港開源維基): 使用 Wubi 在 Windows 安裝 Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope)
重灌狂人: Wubi 免分割硬碟、3個步驟「無痛安裝」Ubuntu作業系統(v8.04.1最新版)

Ubuntu 正體中文站 討論區 - 筆電安裝ATI的Drvier失敗,而且變成low-graphics mode
阿駕零零壹 © 學習筆記: 讓 Ubuntu 8.10 正確辨識 ATi 顯卡
蹲在地上劃圈圈: ubuntu 8.10 -- 更換 GDM 這鬼東西的解析度

沒有留言:

Powered By Blogger